Override probe function for probeguard

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Override probe function for probeguard

Postby DKMaker » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:37 pm

Im trying to implement a probeguard system - which requires an input when probing occures

What would be the best way to do this?

Replace the button with a custom macro that sets the output, calls the button to start probing and unset the output after probing occured?

Is there a list with all buttons and numberes - a refernce guide?
DKMaker

Re: Override probe function for probeguard

Postby cncdrive » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:13 am

Sorry, I don't understand what you exactly want to do and how?!

Yes, there is a list of buttons, take a look into the UCCNC/Documentation folder for the buttons list document.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:55 am

Well get it was probably not that well explained.

I need somehow to control an output to signal probing is ongoing, the guard probe system is working with the probes as input and if a probe is triggered without the system has an acknowledgement of a probe is ongoing it will trigger an E-STOP.

So for this to work i need to somehow intercept the probe start button and lets say set a pin high and when probing is done set it low again

It also catches if the probe is not connected and a probe is starting..

You can see the description here and also the diagram explaining - i have the Mach3 macros but want to port it to UCCNC

https://topcom.cz/products/smart/smartm ... c121984281
DKMaker

Postby Delco » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:30 am

Isnt that how safe probe mode works in uccnc ?
Delco

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:46 am

Delco wrote:Isnt that how safe probe mode works in uccnc ?

Dont know what it is - will read up on the topic :-)
DKMaker

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:24 am

Delco wrote:Isnt that how safe probe mode works in uccnc ?

One of the parts yes - thats the same if a probe is connected and it's triggering a stop

Though the probe guard also have another benefit is when you want to probe and the probe is not connected correctly you cant probe (Not for the simple XYZ magnetic block) but if you have a probe with a pin - there is feedback so you can actually check if the probe is connected when the probe cycle starts

Probes like theese will have a rather big impact if not connected when probing is issued

Sorry im very new to UCCNC - used to run Mach3.. But really love many of the aspects i see here on UCCNC :-)
DKMaker

Postby dezsoe » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:35 am

OK, then you need LED24 - Probing - Active when the probing command is being executed. You can set an output trigger to direct the LED state to an output.
dezsoe

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:00 am

dezsoe wrote:OK, then you need LED24 - Probing - Active when the probing command is being executed. You can set an output trigger to direct the LED state to an output.

Perfect!!! Exactly what im looking for thx for pointing in a direction - i will figure out then.. Seems exacly like the right thing..
DKMaker

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 am

dezsoe wrote:OK, then you need LED24 - Probing - Active when the probing command is being executed. You can set an output trigger to direct the LED state to an output.

It was exactly what i needed the IO Trigger on the output when LED24 is high does the job..

Thank you very much @dezsoe
DKMaker

Postby DKMaker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:55 pm

Okay - it worked for the Probe - but when i do a M31 / button 196 the Toollengthmeasurement then the LED24 is not triggered - its only when it triggers the actual Probe command.

I tried to add the following to the M31 macro

exec.Setoutpin(3, 14);
exec.Clroutpin(3, 14);

I see the port 3 pin 14 is low. when not probing but it seems like the main loop (Of course) reverts the LED as expected.

Any ideas how to merge so also this button causes this LED to trigger?
DKMaker

Next

Return to Macros