Override probe function for probeguard

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Override probe function for probeguard

Postby dezsoe » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 pm

You didn't specify exactly what do you need. Probing may mean 3 different things in UCCNC: the actual G31 (LED 24), the M31 (use your own LED or output) or probing using the Probe screen (LED 310 since 1.3.4 which was released in UCCNC 1.2114). (Not to mention other plugins and/or macros that may probe, e.g. ProbeIt.) To cover all the cases you need an LED for the M31 and a macroloop to read all 3 LEDs and set an output if any of them is on.
dezsoe

Postby DKMaker » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:15 pm

dezsoe wrote:You didn't specify exactly what do you need. Probing may mean 3 different things in UCCNC: the actual G31 (LED 24), the M31 (use your own LED or output) or probing using the Probe screen (LED 310 since 1.3.4 which was released in UCCNC 1.2114). (Not to mention other plugins and/or macros that may probe, e.g. ProbeIt.) To cover all the cases you need an LED for the M31 and a macroloop to read all 3 LEDs and set an output if any of them is on.

Awesome - sorry quite new to UCCNC dont know the basics now i got introduced to Macro Loops as well - neat feature.

Can i make "custom" LED's for lets say M31? Or would you recommend just to set a port high and use OutputPT2PN1 (LED69) (for port 2 Pin 1) just as an example then in Macro for M31 i can set the pin On and then read the LED (Boolean) and low when macro is run and then in the MacroLoop i can read both 24, 69 and 310 (Which is not the version i have - where do i get 1.2114 version ? My LED list stops at 309 in the documentation.
DKMaker

Postby DKMaker » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:01 pm

dezsoe wrote:You didn't specify exactly what do you need. Probing may mean 3 different things in UCCNC: the actual G31 (LED 24), the M31 (use your own LED or output) or probing using the Probe screen (LED 310 since 1.3.4 which was released in UCCNC 1.2114). (Not to mention other plugins and/or macros that may probe, e.g. ProbeIt.) To cover all the cases you need an LED for the M31 and a macroloop to read all 3 LEDs and set an output if any of them is on.

Is it possible to output to the output window on the main screen? For debug information etc? Status feedback etc.

I can pop a window but just want feedback on the log instead?
DKMaker

Postby ger21 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:33 pm

exec.AddStatusmessage("Message goes here");
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:25 am

You can find the development releases here. The latest stable version is 1.2113 which you can find on the CNCdrive webpage.

The latest public version of the Probing plugin is 1.3.4.2 which has some bug fixes. LED 310 was not included in the LED list until UCCNC 1.2114, but if you update the plugin then it works. (1.3.4.2 requires UCCNC at least 1.2112.)

You don't need an output to check its state, simply use an LED. Use LED numbers above 350 to prevent conflict with any UCCNC functions. (In the next release 331 will be the last used LED, so 350 is far away now.)

As Gerry wrote you can use the status box or you can call Console.WriteLine() to write into the console window. Then you have to enable and show the Console plugin.
dezsoe

Postby DKMaker » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:58 pm

dezsoe wrote:You can find the development releases here. The latest stable version is 1.2113 which you can find on the CNCdrive webpage.

The latest public version of the Probing plugin is 1.3.4.2 which has some bug fixes. LED 310 was not included in the LED list until UCCNC 1.2114, but if you update the plugin then it works. (1.3.4.2 requires UCCNC at least 1.2112.)

You don't need an output to check its state, simply use an LED. Use LED numbers above 350 to prevent conflict with any UCCNC functions. (In the next release 331 will be the last used LED, so 350 is far away now.)

As Gerry wrote you can use the status box or you can call Console.WriteLine() to write into the console window. Then you have to enable and show the Console plugin.

Awesome - did not know i was able to reference LED numbers not on the list - make sense to do a kind of state machine with those - what is the max number? So lets say i just start at 1000 - for all custom LED's states etc.?

Thank you very much for all the feedback.. Highly appriciated - nice to see good feedback even for a UCCNC newbie :-) And i really love the platform all the posibilites..
DKMaker

Postby DKMaker » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:05 pm

dezsoe wrote:You can find the development releases here. The latest stable version is 1.2113 which you can find on the CNCdrive webpage.

1.2115 is released October 2021 - isn't it considered safe to use? Well all the issues should somehow be reported or is it just me? Im used to 3D printers where we get new version almost every week so this seems wierd its in "dev" state so long - not really that its an issue though it has all it needs :-)
DKMaker

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:23 am

The max LED number is 999. Yes, it's a bit old. There are known bugs in 1.2115 that's why it's not an official stable release.
dezsoe

Previous

Return to Macros