Simple Tool Set Macro with fixed position

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Simple Tool Set Macro with fixed position

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Yes, you can, but you have to know some things before you start. The update is just an install to the same location. The installer will overwrite all the files that are in the installer which means that if you use the default profile and/or you changed something on the screen then you will loose these settings. You should always use your own profile and if you want to change something on the screen then your own screenset. So, first: what is your profile and did you change anything on the screen?
dezsoe

Postby ckoppenaal » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Yes I have a saved profile, no I have not made any changes to the screen.
ckoppenaal

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:08 am

OK, if you have your profile saved then you can update.
dezsoe

Postby ckoppenaal » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 am

I installed version 1.2113, I copied my profile to the profile folder. When I load my profile it wants to change to the old screen? Is this a problem, can I still do everything you told me to do with the old screen or do I need to start over with a new profile?
ckoppenaal

Postby ckoppenaal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:22 am

Never mind the last post I just made a new profile with the new screen. So it looked like the tool probing worked but a couple problems, It took of at 100ipm (yikes) for fast probe and fine? After it touched two times it came up and hit the Z limit switch? I had the probe setup at 10ipm fast and 5ipm fine. I also had the safe Z set at -.05. What did I do wrong?
ckoppenaal

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:42 am

I wrote you in the long post that the parameters are in metric. I didn't know that you use imperial.

And yes, sorry, I forgot that there is a bug in the probing plugin: the Reference current as workpiece flies away. Here is a fixed probing plugin, just replace the one in the Plugins folder.
dezsoe

Postby ckoppenaal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:59 am

I have not tried the reference current workpiece yet I will replace that file. The settings you gave me I changed to imperial I don't understand why it probe so fast and after it was done why did it limit out in Z? Where would it have referenced 100ipm?
ckoppenaal

Postby ckoppenaal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 pm

I think I might have an idea what I did wrong. I hit probe from the main screen. Do I need to probe the tool from the probe screen?
ckoppenaal

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Yes. The probe button on the main screen calls the M31 macro and that is independent from the probe screen. That's why I wrote "Start probing", that is written on the button on the probe screen.
dezsoe

Postby ckoppenaal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 pm

ok, thank you for all of your help I appreciate it.
ckoppenaal

Previous

Return to Macros