Can't find an "errorlog.txt" after compiling macros

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Can't find an "errorlog.txt" after compiling macros

Postby GaryLa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

I checked "precompile" macros. When UCCNC loads, it displays that it is compiling macros.

In my Profiles directory (E:\UCCNC\Profiles\Macro_Default) I have macros. One of them I have purposely placed a a line of nonsense.

After loading, I see no status information regarding a failed macro compilation, and I can't find an errorlog.txt file.

I am loading the default profile. The macro is M6.txt and contains a bad line of code, and is in the "E:\UCCNC\Profiles\Macro_Default" directory.

Any insight would be appreciated.
GaryLa

Re: Can't find an "errorlog.txt" after compiling macros

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:59 pm

That I am am aware of there are NO preload checks of macros . It will ONLY do a check of teh macro when called to run. Then if there is an error you will recieve either the errorlog.txt message OR you will get a System Error message on screen.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby GaryLa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:59 pm

There is a "pre-compile macros" setting. On boot-up, I get a display indicating it's compiling.

If I click the M3 button the screen, I get the LED lit. But iIf I type M3 in the MDI, I get an error message and an error log file.

However, if I type M6 T1, I get no complaints. (I have a tool defined as tool 1.)

I was hoping I'd see an error in the M6 execution as it contains a bogus line of code: 14 = 32;

I am assuming that the M6 isn't actually being executed, but I don't know why that is.
GaryLa

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:14 pm

YEs you can precompile on load BUT it does NO error checking of the code. IT assumes that what you have in teh Macro Folder is GOOD CODE or it would not be there (;-).

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:18 pm

The onscreen button of M3 and teh macro version of M3 are 2 different functions. The M3 version is a macro script that you can change. The button is predefined to turn on teh spindle.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Upload teh M6 macro you have and I can test it here. I have never seen a Macro with bad code load and run without tripping an error.
Vmax549

Postby GaryLa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Vmax549 wrote:YEs you can precompile on load BUT it does NO error checking of the code. IT assumes that what you have in teh Macro Folder is GOOD CODE or it would not be there (;-)

Thanks for the responses. As a programmer, I assumed "compile" meant to reduce to executable format -- which would require checking.

Vmax549 wrote:The onscreen button of M3 and the macro version of M3 are 2 different functions. The M3 version is a macro script that you can change. The button is predefined to turn on the spindle.

You're right. Originally, I assumed the onscreen button invoked the M3 script. I guess if someone needed to, they could create a screen object and cause the M3 script to execute?

Regarding M6, all I added to my M6.txt was "14 = 32;". I then typed M6 T1 into my MDI edit box and pressed enter. No response.

At this point, I am assuming I am missing something else somewhere which is preventing M6 from being invoked.

Do you know if there's a "verbose mode" or a debug flag that can cause UCCNC to output a trace file?
GaryLa

Postby ger21 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Are you editing the M6 in the correct profile folder?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Did you enable the M6 execution on the general settings page?
dezsoe

Postby GaryLa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm

dezsoe wrote:Did you enable the M6 execution on the general settings page?

That's the item I was missing. I didn't see that one. THANK YOU.
GaryLa

Next

Return to Macros