Tool height setting macro

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Tool height setting macro

Postby A_Camera » Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Robertspark wrote:
Half of our government doesn't believe in science, and/or doesn't understand what they are legislating.... :shock:

The world over!!!! Career politicians..... At least only 1/2 of yours .... Sometimes I think none of ours have a clue... But hey ho apparently we vote them in and they collectively represent us and they then carry out the will of the majority.... Sit back and relax in the whole scheme of things we are all just along for the ride...

Yes, it's funny how we blame the politicians for everything in a democracy... after all, we the people vote them in, so if politicians are stupid then it's the voters fault, meaning they are stupid.

Of course, I am an exception... :lol:
A_Camera

Postby andrewbishop66 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi all could someone throw their eye over my alteration to the macro that Terry put together for me I hope I've added a double probe and return to machine z zero
I basically copied and pasted from the m31 macro
I think I need to find a good book on programming through any suggestions

Thanks, Andrew

M45TEST.txt
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
andrewbishop66

Postby asuratman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello Andrew/Vmax549,
FYI, I do not know how to write macro, I just want to know that this macro is used for probing with oxy torch with floating head ? So just touch off material, then retract above material. On the second macro, touch off plate, retract 1 mm above material then touch off material and retract second time. How to execute this macro after copying the macro in the plugin/macro UCCNC directory. If right, I want to use this macro for probing with my oxy torch.
asuratman

Postby asuratman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Sorry, this macro is for probing. I have use the same system as this one on my mill. I thought this one for oxy torch to touch off top of material with floating head. I plan to built cnc plasma with neuron THC.
asuratman

Postby Battwell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 pm

i just fitted one of my tool height probes to my mill retrofit.
works really well :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcapYA04i14
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby andrewbishop66 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

been following your refit looks a nice size machine

nice work Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:16 pm

I appreciate the macro you guys wrote in this thread. I tweaked it a little for my own speeds and offsets. It's filling the table properly but I'm missing a critical step here. Can any tool be the reference tool? I'm used to the Screenset 2017 setup and doing a tool height set after every tool change, but now with an R8 to TTS I'm trying to learn how to use the offset table. So I used the macro on all of my tools. Then I referenced a work piece with zero on tool 2, switched to tool 3 (T04H04) and the Z value didn't change. So what am I doing wrong here. I'm sure it probably something I'm overlooking, but right now I just don't know what that is.

Thanks for any help.

-=Jasen
ThreeDJ16

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:50 pm

T4 M6
G43 H4

Not positive, but you should be able to set Z zero with any tool, provided that G43 is in effect for that tool.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:22 am

ger21 wrote:T4 M6
G43 H4

Not positive, but you should be able to set Z zero with any tool, provided that G43 is in effect for that tool.

Thanks, that was the ticket. Guess the "other" program I use had me tainted to use a different call format.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Just wanted to say thank you again for this macro. It's all working perfectly. I used the tool change position to get the tool above my touch off point which made things easier. Sigh...now I just need to hurry up and buy more tool holders. Waiting on some Novakon ER20 to TTS to get here to see if they are indeed as good as the Tormach version.

And thanks again Ger for pointing me in the right direction on using the midi so I could verify it worked. Here's a video of my first set tool height operation with a tool change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOyzULWeIW8
ThreeDJ16

Previous

Return to Macros